Welcome to Social Planning Cowichan
For information about what we are up to in these areas click on the links above. For archived reports, upcoming events, current news and all sorts of other exciting Social Planning information visit other sections of the website.
NEWS, Projects and events
To be released April of 2017
COWICHAN CLIMATE CHANGE PROJECT
WE'RE INTERESTED IN FINDING OUT WHAT RESIDENTS IN THE COWICHAN VALLEY KNOW AND THINK ABOUT CLIMATE CHANGE!
FOLLOW THIS LINK TO CHECK OUT OUR CLIMATE CHANGE PAGE FOR MORE INFORMATION ON OUR PROJECT INCLUDING A VIDEO ON THE PROJECTED IMPACTS OF CLIMATE CHANGE IN OUR REGION
Living wage 2016
A LIVING WAGE IS THE HOURLY PAY A FAMILY WOULD NEED TO RECEIVE IN ORDER TO COVER BASIC EXPENSES SUCH AS FOOD, CLOTHING, RENTAL HOUSING, TRANSPORTATION, CHILDCARE, AND A SMALL AMOUNT OF SAVINGS FOR ILLNESS OR EMERGENCIES.
THE LIVING WAGE CALCULATION CONSIDERS FACTORS THAT PROMOTE HEALTHY CHILD DEVELOPMENT, THE ABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN ACTIVITIES THAT ARE AN ORDINARY ELEMENT OF LIFE IN A COMMUNITY, AS WELL AS AVOIDING THE CHRONIC STRESS OF LIVING IN POVERTY ENSURING INDIVIDUALS CAN MEET THEIR CORE LIVING EXPENSES SUPPORTS PEACE OF MIND, INCLUDING MENTAL, PHYSICAL AND EMOTIONAL WELL-BEING. FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR THE FULL REPORT.
Check out our Spring News here!!
- Join us for our AGM June 7, 2016
- Check out our Annual Presentation highlighting 2015 and A Brief Look into 2016
- Recent Reports : Did you know that voluntary organizations contribute $120 million to the local economy? Our new research report highlights the economic and social impacts of Cowichan voluntary organizations. Click here to download the full report, a summary or an information graphic.
- 2016 Highlists on the Road to Social Policy : Check out our new Social Vision Community Snapshot slideshow
- 2015 Annual Report: Check out our 2015 Annual Report
Cultural Connections and the 10th Annual Walk of Nations
Cultural Connections presents COWICHAN 101.2 starting up May of 2017.
For Understanding the Village opportunities contact us.
Social Planning along with community partners Cowichan Intercultural Society and Hiiye'yu Lelum - House of Friendship Society are excited to announce the dates for the 10h Annual Walk of Nations will be taking place in he fall of 2017. Dats and inforamtion will be posted in the Spring of 2017.